When the body of Christ works together in unity serving the greatest needs, the city thrives.
We Inform the Coalition through:
COPE (Cost of Poverty Experience) - This three-hour training gives your group a real-life simulation experience of what it’s like to live in poverty.
Bulletin Board - We inform the coalition how they can practically meet critical needs in our community.
Speakers Bureau - We speak to churches and other groups about our community’s greatest needs and how they can get connected and make a difference. We are available for church worship services, Wednesday night meetings, civic groups, Sunday school classes, mission events, etc.
We Equip the Coalition by:
• Frontline - A 4-part series for those involved with benevolence.
• Bridges Out of Poverty - Equipping participants to walk efficiently with those in poverty.
• Benevolence Consultations - We work with Coalition member’s staff and volunteers to develop a benevolence program and serve as on-going support to your team.
• Convening pastors and leaders together to collaborate on our city’s greatest needs.
We Connect the Coalition by:
• Connection Point Call Center - We receive hundreds of calls each month and connect Coalition member to individuals with critical needs, such as rent, utilities, shelter, home repair & gas.
• Getting Ahead classes - We connect people living in poverty with Coalition members who walk with them in a 16-week cohort class.
• Benevolence Network - We bring churches together to share ideas and resources while collaborating with one another on difficult benevolence cases.
"Here is what we seek: a compassion that can stand in awe at what the poor have to carry rather than stand in judgement at how they carry it."
-Father Gregory Boyle